Mr P&P is away working all weekend (boo hiss) which is becoming a more and more common occurrence- for those of you with a suspicious mind, he actually IS working and not having some sort of torrid affair, I promise! Anyway I digress, I usually fill these weekends with lovely activities, long lie-ins with Saturday Kitchen (and NO Football Focus), shopping, seeing friends and LOTS of cooking. More often that not I use it as an opportunity to make things he doesn’t like or more wild experiments that I’m not sure are going to succeed, but last night I had an inexplicable urge to make this pasta, one of his favourites, sorry babe x
Pack of cubed pancetta (or lardons)
2-3 Grated Courgettes
2/3 packet of spaghetti or linguine
Small pot of greek yoghurt
Small pot of creme fraiche
2 egg yolks (I used duck eggs)
Small lump of finely grated parmesan
Zest of 2 lemons
Salt & pepper
- Fry the pancetta or lardons in a dry pan (they’ll release plenty of oil) until golden and crisp
- Drain off some fat and add the courgette and fry for 2-3 mins or until soft
- Cook the spaghetti in lots of salted boiling water for about a minute less than the packet says
- Mix together the yoghurt, creme fraiche, egg yolks, parmesan & lemon zest with a good grinding of black pepper to make a sauce
- Drain the pasta leaving a couple of tbsps of water in the bottom of the pan, return the pan to a low heat and add the sauce mixing well to combine, then toss in the bacon and courgette. Serve with a little more grated parmesan and black pepper to taste.
*This will feed two greedy people.