If you are on a diet then it’s probably best you click off this post now as this is an extremley fattening dish and despite containing two of your five a day would almost definitely be vetoed by every nutritionist/dietician in the land. It’s unbelievably tasty though!
The amounts listed below are for one portion.
1 ripe banana
2 eggs (I used duck eggs)
2 slices of white bread, buttered on both sides
Large handful of blueberries
As many rashers of streaky bacon as you want
25g butter (and more to spread on the bread)
Maple syrup to serve
- Fry the bacon until crispy and keep warm in the oven.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork until the white and yolk are combined.
- Dip the buttered slices of bread into the beaten egg until it’s all been absorbed.
- Mash the banana and spread on top of one of the slices of egg infused bread making sure you leave a gap around the edge, then top with half the blueberries.
- Press around the edges of the bread to seal in the filling.
- Melt the butter in a small non-stick frying pan with the tiniest splash of oil to stop the butter from burning then fry the bread until golden on both sides sides and then transfer to a warm plate.
- Fry the rest of the blueberries for two minutes in the remainder of the butter or until they begin to soften.
- Top the bread with the cooked blueberries crispy bacon and as much maple syrup as you like.