It’s not often that I cook something SO delicious that I feel compelled to blog about it before I’ve even finished eating, but this is one of those times.
If you’re on a diet or don’t have a sweet tooth (are you mad) then this isn’t going to be the one for you, but if even the recipe name has got your mouth a’watering as it did mine then read on.
This is the brainchild of my original girl crush and everyone’s favourite domestic goddess, Nigella Lawson. Just as I thought I couldn’t love her any more than I already do, she smashes it out the park with this little beauty! Link to her recipe here.
- Put large eggs in a shallow bowl with 4tsp of vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste (I used paste) and beat together with 60ml of full fat milk (skimmed will not do).
- Soak two slices of white bread (any type will do) in the eggy mix until it’s absorbed pretty much all of it.
- Melt 25g of butter with a bit of oil in a pan until bubbling and then slide the eggy bread in to the pan.
- Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes taking care when you turn it over.
- Spread caster sugar over a plate and turn the french toast over and over in it until it’s coated like a doughnut.
It tastes like creme brulee and doughnuts and is probably my favourite junk food discovery of this year so far, I find the term ‘foodgasm’ sooooo cringe, but seriously, this is comparable to great sex with a fit man… Try it, you will not regret it!