It feels like a lifetime ago since I made these, in fact, it kind of was, but they were so good their own blog post is definitely warranted.
Perfect for those who aren’t keen on red meat, the pescatarian in your life of just if you fancy a change from your common or garden burger. You must use raw prawns though, pre-cooked ones will not do at all.
I originally saw this recipe (here) on one of my favourite food blogs ‘How sweet eats’ and knew it had to be mine. I followed it verbatim so won’t bother writing it all out again, but what I will say is, use tinned peach (in juice not syrup) if they’re out of season or if your peaches are under-ripe- nothing worse in my opinion.
- Chop by hand or pulse the prawns in a food processor until they’re the above consistency, then add the breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and basil.
- Mix together with your hand until thoroughly combined.
- To make the salsa just stir all of the ingredients together- simple as that!
- In a bowl, stir together sour cream, chipotle sauce, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper to make the chipotle cream.
- Fry the patties in a little oil for 3-4 minutes on each side then spread with chipotle cream and layer with ripe avocado and the peach salsa.
Do you like the sound of these? What is your favourite ‘alternative’ burger recipe? Tweet me or post your links below, I’d love to see them!