I made an absolute belter of a meal last night, and seeing as it’s been so long since I did a recipe post, like aaaaages, I thought I’d share this one with you lovely lot.
The recipe comes from Fabulous magazine, the free giveaway that comes with The Sun on Sunday. They have regular features with shitloads of different types of recipes as well as slots from celebrity chefs too- I highly recommend it.
I adapted the recipe slightly, cos despite going home to get it and having it about my person throughout the trip to the supermarket, I still neglected to get all of the ingredients (if I had a brain I’d be dangerous).
Please see below for the ingredients list, lazy I know, but I can’t be arsed and I’m also on my lunch break so need to bash this out as quickly as poss! I’ll explain the substitutions I made, below.
- I didn’t skewer the meat, I kept it whole, it felt like sacrilege to cut up fillet steak.
- I used tinned sweetcorn, my middle-class conscience wouldn’t let me buy corn on the cob from Guatemala.
- I didn’t have red onion so used a shallot and an extra tomato.
- Bash up the garlic cloves with a pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar then add to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients (in the left hand column) and mix throughly.
- Add the steak to the marinade and leave overnight in the fridge or if you’re short on time, at least an hour at room temperature.
- Put all of the ingredients (bar a couple of tablespoons of corn) for the creamed corn in a blender and blitz until pureed. Then add the reserved corn, transfer to a pan and heat gently. I left mine on the lowest heat for nearly an hour and it was perfect.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the salad together in a bowl- easy peasy.
I’d already made this recipe once before and definitely will again, so quick, tasty and colourful!
What’s your favourite way to eat steak? Tweet me or comment below, and if you recreate this recipe, let me know!