One of my unofficial New Year’s resolutions is to go to Duck & Waffle and eat Executive Chef Dan Doherty’s ox cheek donuts and namesake signature dish, preferably at sunrise. But seeing as I won’t be going up to London for at least another month and I’ve been drooling over pictures for months, I decided to have a bash at it myself. The book with the official recipe is now on sale, but I just made it up as I went along and it turned out perfectly.
I know some of you will be thinking that it sounds gross to pour maple syrup over duck and egg… you’re wrong, soz. It was an absolute party in my mouth from start to finish, and the person I made it for said the same. I’ll definitely be making it again. If you’re into your sweet & savoury combos you should definitely check out my post on Krispy Kreme burgers too.
Things worth noting:
– I used this recipe for the waffle batter
– The maple syrup had a few tsps of English mustard in it to give it a kick,
– You can confit the duck legs if you’d prefer (I couldn’t be arsed so roasted them)
– The waffle maker is from Amazon and cost £25.
– I massively overfilled the waffle maker (above) and it overflowed and made a mess, take heed.
Have you been to Duck & Waffle? Do you like the idea of their signature dish? Please do comment below or Tweet me x